Plesk VPS Hosting offered at ResellerClub ( helps manage your websites, infrastructure and business on the same panel. This gives you access to all the great features of Plesk including the plesk backup option that prevents loss of your data. With the Plesk full backup option you can back up your data, such as websites’ content, databases, or emails, to a file.
Should your data be corrupted or lost, you can restore it from the plesk backup file. You can either back up your data manually or can also configure a scheduled plesk backup that will be created automatically and periodically. To ensure the safety of your websites’ data, we recommend configuring a scheduled plesk backup.
In this video we will take you through the steps on how to backup data on plesk panel.
So as to use the plesk backup option from your Plesk panel, you first need to:
1) Login to your Reseller account (
2) Click on products
3) Click on list all orders
4) Click on the domain name associated with the hosting package
5) On the overview page under the hosting package section click on manage web hosting
You will now be able to see the plesk panel.
To begin with how to backup data on plesk manually, follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Go to websites & domains, click on backup manager then select the back up option.
2) Under “Back up”, you can select which content you want to back up. Domain configuration is always included in backups. You can choose to exclude “Mail configuration and content” and/or “User files and databases” by deselecting the corresponding checkboxes.
3) Under “Store in”, you can modify where the plesk backup must be stored. By default, backups are stored on the plesk server. If you have configured remote storage, you can store plesk backups in the remote storage by selecting the corresponding radio button.
4) Under “Type”, select the backup type by selecting the corresponding radio button:
a) A plesk “Full” backup includes all data you specified during step
b) An “Incremental” backup contains only the files that changed since the last previously created backup. Incremental backups are created quicker and take up less disk space than plesk full backups.
However, to restore an incremental backup, you must have the corresponding plesk full backup and all previously created incremental backups available.
5) At this point, the backup is ready to be created. There are a number of optional settings you can configure before creating the plesk backup:
Leave a comment about the backup being created under “Comments”. Comments are visible in the plesk interface and can help you differentiate one backup from another.
a) To exclude log files from the plesk backup, select the “Exclude log files” checkbox. This can decrease the amount of disk space taken up by the backup.
b) To exclude specific files or directories from the plesk backup, select the “Exclude specific files from the backup” checkbox. Type the path or paths to the directories or files you want to exclude in the field below. Paths must be relative to your home directory, for example:
If you want to be notified via email when the plesk backup is created, select the “When a backup task is completed, send a notification email to” checkbox. Make sure that the email address next to the checkbox is correct.
If you want to ensure the validity of the plesk backup, select the “Suspend the domain until the backup task is completed” checkbox. Doing so will temporarily make your website unavailable. Until the backup process is finished, visitors to your website will see an error page with the 503 HTTP status code.
6) Click OK to create the plesk backup.
You will be returned to the Websites & Domains option on the Backup Manager screen where you can see the plesk backup being created. The backup process can take some time to finish, depending on the size of the content you chose to back up during step 2.
Once the backup is created, you can find it here. You have successfully generated the backup for the required data. This is how you can backup data on plesk panel!
ResellerClub ( was founded with the objective of offering domain names and hosting products to Web Designers, Developers and Web Hosts. ResellerClub offers Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Servers, VPS, Email, Backup, Security and more with multi-brand options in many of these categories to empower choice. ResellerClub also offers a comprehensive solution to register and manage 500+ gTLDs, ccTLDs and new domains.
Follow Us on,