Start your free week with CBT Nuggets.
In this video, Jeremy Cioara covers various Amazon Web Services (AWS) instance types, the differences between them, and which is best for your specific application. AWS offers nearly a score of instance types but doesn’t do a great job of proactively explaining what they are, which is what Jeremy does here.
AWS is renowned for offering so many service options that you can create virtually any combination your business application requires. Instance types are no different, but the majority of the 18 offerings Amazon provides are not proactively explained. Jeremy digs into the various ingredients that go into each of these, including processor, memory, and hard disk storage, among other items. He also provides a key that explains the codes Amazon uses to indicate their instance types, such as General Purpose, Memory Optimized, CPU Optimized, Storage Optimized, GPU Optimized, and whether you’re dealing with the free version of a micro-sized instance.
Newest training from CBT Nuggets:
🆕 CCNP Enterprise (300-500) |
From the CBT Nuggets blog:
• Meet the Most Important AWS Services |
• How to Study for Your AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Exam in 10 Weeks |
• How to Prepare for the AWS SysOps Admin Exam |
• Keeping Your AWS Cloud Costs Low |
• A Complete AWS Certification Guide |
Start learning with CBT Nuggets:
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) |
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C01 or SAA-C02) |
• AWS Certified Security – Specialty (SCS-C01) |
• Get Started with AWS Solutions Architect Associate |
• AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate (SOA-C01) |